Laura began teaching in 2013 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. She worked with her mentor and friend Sydney Craig, owner of Pilates Tonic.
Her Pilates experience began when she felt immediate relief from her Scoliosis caused back discomfort.
Laura went on to complete her Comprehensive Pilates Training with Balanced Body. She trained with master trainers Jennifer Gianni and Casey Herdt at Fusion Pilates Studio in Asheville, NC.
- Studying and apprenticing with Sydney Craig 2013-2014, Sydney is a Smart Spine Educator, Fascial Stretch Therapist, and Restorative Movement Teacher
- Balanced Body Pilates Comprehensive Training 2013-2014
- Marie Jose Blom-Lawrence Scoliosis and SmartSpine Wellness System, and Soma Inc Scoliosis Workshop in 2014
- attending Pilates Adaptations for Scoliosis with Hagit Berdishevsky 2018
- SmartSpine Teach and Treat Practicum with Cathy Moses Baldasserini 2019, to become a SmartSpine educator.
- Spiral Stabilization Method, June 2020
- Ace Fitness Certified Personal Trainer, June 2020
- Certification in progress: The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise
Currently, Laura is completing a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology through Concordia University Chicago alongside her work.
Laura was an avid volleyball player, participating in meticulous training and traveling teams as a young person. Later she coached young athletes traveling volleyball teams back in 2005.